Thursday, March 5, 2009

Well, we haven't done much sailing this winter. Marie didn't want to go out until I got the diesel heater operational... imagine that!

Anyway, the heater's in and we're starting to think about trips this summer. We're planning on the Fourth of July in Port Townsend and then heading up to Desolation Sound in late July or early August... as well as a slew of long weekend trips around the San Juans and Gulf Islands. We're working our way up to a circumnavigation of Vancouver Island next year and then probably Alaska after that.

In the meantime, I'm taking a course in Marine Diesel Engine Repair... it's 11 weeks, two evenings a week. It's teaching me what I want to work on and what I want someone else to do! Actually, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I 'm also going to race in some CYC Center Sound Races on a friend's Bavaria in the 'Recreational' class... as it's first time for skipper and most of the crew. First race is to Blakely Rocks this weekend. Should be fun. As Marie's grandmother used to tell her, "There's no bad weather... just the wrong clothes!"

That's all for now.

No comments: